Our productions are always staged in the last two weeks of June at The Rockery, Raphael Park. We perform at 8pm on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, with a 3pm matinee on the middle Sunday.
Tickets and Concessions
Ticket Prices for our 2017 production have yet to be finalised. Details will be posted soon.
Tickets for our productions can be purchased in advance via our online box office*, or bought on the night at least fifteen minutes before the start of the performance.
We offer concessionary rates to the following groups:
To purchase a concessionary rate ticket, simply select the concession option when ordering online, or advise the Front of House team when purchasing on the night. Please note, you may be asked to provide proof of your eligibility for concessionary rates when collecting your tickets.
- Persons in receipt of benefits and / or state pension
- Persons in full time education
- Persons aged 15 years and under
purchased online are sent by email. You will need to bring a copy of
the email, or a note of the booking reference, with you when you
Cancellations, Exchanges and Refunds
If you have purchased tickets in advance for a performance and are no longer able to attend on that date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org advising which performance you will be attending instead. If you are unable to make an alternative date, we will be happy to refund you your tickets, minus the cost of administration (around 12% of the total purchase price). This also applies in the event that a performance is cancelled prior to commencing due to adverse weather conditions.
Should a performance already be underway, but the weather deteriorates to the point that we are unable to continue, we will once again offer audience members the opportunity to return for one of our remaining performances for no additional charge. If this is not possible, we regret to advise that we are unable to offer full refunds on performances which have already started. As a small, amateur theatre company, we do try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate the wishes of our audiences, but hope that our audiences will, in turn, appreciate that we cannot influence the weather and still have to pay the costs of staging the production, regardless of whether we are able to perform the full show or not.
Performances will only ever be cancelled or abandoned in the case of such poor weather conditions that it would pose a health and safety risk to our performers and audience - unfortunately this means we are often unable to make a decision until the scheduled start time of the performance, so audiences are advised to be prepared to arrive at the venue before finding out if the show is going ahead or not.
Wherever possible, we will endeavour to communicate any cancellations as soon as possible via our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Please note, if you are unable to attend and would like to give your tickets to another person to attend in your place, you will only need to forward them your booking confirmation which they can then present at the box office. If you have booked concessionary rate tickets but wish to pass these on to someone who does not qualify for the concessionary rate, please contact us at email@example.com for advice.
Romford Summer Theatre perform at The Rockery, Raphael Park, Main Road, Romford, RM2 5NT (Access via Parkway entrance).
AccessibilityRaphael Park is a public space with a number of pathways which are accessible to wheelchair users. However, the public toilets are not accessible. and wet weather can cause problems for people when coming off the path and into the seating area, which is on grass. If you, or a member of your party, will be attending in a wheelchair, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ensure we are able to support your access requirements.
- Performances start promptly at 8pm so please do not be late!
(3pm for matinee performances)
- Seating is unreserved so please arrive promptly to ensure you are able to sit with your friends and family - access via Parkway entrance, near the tennis courts.
- Parking is available on the main field (except on matinee performances)
- There is usually an interval of 15 minutes, approximately half way through the production.
- As we are an open air theatre company and both the stage and seating area are completely uncovered, we recommend audiences wear suitable clothing when attending our performances. Its a good idea to bring a blanket as it can get quite chilly when the sun sets. Insect repellent, sunglasses and an umbrella are also recommended as the mosquitos, climate, light conditions and weather are not under our control and may impact on your visit!
- Refreshments are available, but you are welcome to bring your own food and drink if you would prefer, provided you take your rubbish home with you afterwards and do not cause a disturbance to other members of the audience.
- Basic seating (plastic chairs without arms) is provided for audience members. You are welcome to bring along your own seating if you would prefer to do so, however, this will need to be positioned in such a way as to not disrupt the view or enjoyment of other members of the audience.
Additional / Rescheduled Performances
When we have experienced a run of poor weather we are often asked if there will be additional performance dates arranged, or if the production will be staged at another venue. Of course, it would be lovely if we could stage additional performances at The Rockery, or to move to an alternative venue, but, aside from the additional commitment this would require from all our cast and crew (most of whom work full time), it is simply not possible due to the additional costs involved of hiring venues, fencing, chairs, costumes etc. and re-advertising and promoting the new dates.
Sadly, this means that we will continue to perform just the one show per year, at the same venue and in the same location. Whilst we recognise the weather can impact on our audiences enjoyment of the production, this is one of the key elements of open air theatre and we always do our utmost to ensure shows go ahead in recognition of our loyal audiences who turn up, rain or shine, year after year, with their ponchos, blankets and umbrellas!